Licensed Professional Counselor
$150 / 55-minute session
Whole Foods Insurance
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
Trust Based Relational Intervention (TBRI)
Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP)
(512) 607-9360 xt 59
I work great with...
- People who feel stuck in cycles of anxiety and engagement in safety behaviors and are willing to learn a new way to approach anxiety and tolerating uncertainty.
- People who are open and willing to learn about themselves with compassionate and gentle guidance.
- People who want to learn a new and more compassionate way of interacting with themselves to increase inner peace and self-acceptance.
- Parents looking to strengthen connections with the family and explore different ways to guide their children.
- People who are ready to work on disordered eating patterns, body image, and body acceptance.
- People who want support in learning to navigate life transitions and challenges in a value-aligned way.
Style & Approach
My core desire and approach to counseling is to create a safe space for all of my clients to feel free to be their authentic selves with no judgment. I take a person-centered approach when working with clients so that each individual feels empowered in their journey to healing, growth, and living the fulfilling life they want. My clients describe me as empathetic, kind, non-judgmental, insightful and funny. I’m known for the warmth I bring to sessions and gently nudging and challenging clients when needed. We work together to move towards the goals that you set for yourself, to grow in the values you identify with, and to work through behavioral patterns that interfere with the life you want to live.
Some of the approaches I Use...
- Exposure and Response Prevention
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Client Centered Care
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Trust Based Relational Intervention
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Goal Setting
Relaxing for me is all about having a flexible day, dressing in comfy clothes, and engaging in one of my favorite activities like reading, puzzling, and watching shows or movies with my husband.
My favorite outdoor activity is going for walks in my neighborhood or exploring new hiking trails.
I get way too excited about watching any baking championship show on the food network.
Self-care for me is taking a break from my to-do list and giving myself what I need, whether that is doing something fun, relaxing, or introspective.
I love learning about cookie decorating and baking! I am a total nerd when it comes to learning about cookie-decorating techniques and trying to bake new things.
My favorite Austin activity is going to the Alamo Drafthouse, especially for special events like movie parties.
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, University of Texas A&M, 2013
Master of Arts in Biblical Counseling, Dallas Theological Seminary, 2016
- Practicing Clinician since 2015
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC License No. 78356)
- Clinical experience in various levels of care: partial hospitalization, intensive outpatient, outpatient
- Primary Therapist at the partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient level of care for an OCD/Complex Anxiety program
- Performed as a Primary Therapist at the partial hospitalization level of care for an eating disorder facility
- Clinical experience with children and families in foster care
Sara is not accepting new counseling clients at this time.Lauren