Licensed Professional Counselor
$160 / 50-minute session
Whole Foods Insurance
Body Image/Body Dysmorphia
Loss & Grief
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
Dialectical Behavior Treatment (DBT)
512-607-9360 ext 56
I work great with...
- Individuals who struggle with disordered eating, negative body image, societal pressure - who want to improve their quality of life and relationship with food and movement.
- Highly sensitive individuals who would like to learn more about themselves, their reactions to others and their environment.
- Those who struggle w/depression and anxiety and would like to find sustainable ways to cope with the ups and downs that life presents.
- Individuals going through life transitions - college, empty nest, divorce, job changes - those trying to figure out what comes next in life, possibly struggling with identity crisis, and want to discover how to live life to the fullest.
- Those who have experienced loss (i.e. death of loved one or pet, move, job change, break-up/divorce) and need a safe space to process their emotions and find meaning and hope in life again.
Style & Approach
Clients describe me as warm, insightful and patient, but able to dig deep and get to the root of the issue(s) at hand. I tend to take time to really get to know each of my clients, allowing them to grow and develop at a pace that makes sense for them. I view my role as someone who will walk alongside a client, gently nudging them as they courageously address challenges, let go of old, destructive patterns, eventually finding freedom and empowerment through new, more positive ways of coping.
Some of the approaches I Use...
- Acceptance Commitment Therapy
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy
- Intuitive Eating
- Grief Therapy
- Body Liberation
- Parenting Adult Children
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Client-Centered Therapy
My favorite animal is really any and all animals. I can’t think of an animal I don’t like. I have had pets of all kinds throughout my life, including a pet snake named “George” when I was young. And am also known for saving/rescuing all kinds of animals, sometimes to a fault.
Relaxing for me is all about naps.
My favorite outdoor activity is either being at an uncrowded beach, hiking in the woods, or sitting outside watching the all the different birds at my backyard bird feeders while drinking a cup of coffee.
I get way too excited about watching shows on Netflix/Hulu/etc, or watching US Women’s National Soccer Team.
I love “live” music because of the energy of the crowd and experience of being part of something so powerful and moving.
Self-care for me is reading a book with my 2 dogs and cat snuggled close by.
My favorite Austin activity is hiking on a trail near a creek w/my dog, watching him try to catch fish. (It makes him SO HAPPY!)
I feel calm and content when listening to a babbling brook or ocean waves.
Bachelor of Science, Exercise Physiology, Texas A&M University - 1989
Master of Arts, Professional Counseling, Lib. University - 2012
- Practicing Clinician since 2012 (LPC License #74151)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
- Primary Therapist, Eating Recovery Center, Austin, TX (2016-Aug 2018) & Hill Country Recovery Center, Austin, TX (2015-2016)
- Clinical experience in various levels of care: partial hospitalization, individual outpatient, outpatient,
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Training
- Group leader for teen and women’s groups
- Group leader for adult grief groups
- Exercise Physiologist, Centinela Hospital Fitness Center, Culver City, CA (1989-1993)
Sara is not accepting new counseling clients at this time.LeAnn