I work great with...
- Highly sensitive people – empaths, creatives and visionaries who want to learn how to use their traits as strengths in work and life.
- Those who want to address the negative impact of perfectionism, self-criticism and people-pleasing.
- People who are curious about how the mind and body work so they can cope better with anxiety, stress and overwhelm.
- Clients that are excited to learn about mindfulness, self-compassion and living out their values.
- Entrepreneurs who want support with navigating the complexities of business ownership, leadership and professional growth.
Style & Approach
Clients describe me as kind-hearted and warm, but also willing to call them out on their stuff. I ask lots and lots of questions so we can get to the core of the issues. We always work as a team to figure out how to get unstuck from the unhelpful patterns in your life.
Some of the approaches I Use...
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Narrative Therapy Techniques
- Candid Feedback
- Timeline Exploration of Life Events and Experiences
- Emotional Literacy
- Thought Exploration and Strategies
- Unconditional Positive Regard
- Client-Centered Care
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Body Liberation
- Intuitive and Mindful Eating
My favorite outdoor activity is Hiking- mountains, deserts, beaches- anywhere.
I get way too excited about animated films. I wanted to be an animator when I was a kid.
Self-care for me is reading, baking, making art or listening to music.
I love learning about the human experience and what makes us all tick
My favorite Austin activity is live music
I feel calm and content when sitting around a campfire and listening to the natural sounds of nighttime.
Bachelors of Arts, Studio Art, University of Georgia – 2001
Master’s, Professional Counseling, Richmont Graduate University – 2003
- Practicing Clinician since 2002 (LPC License No. 61031)
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) and Supervisor for new LPCs
- Certified Eating Disorder Specialist (CEDS) and Supervisor for new CEDS candidates
- Clinical experience in various levels of care: residential, partial hospitalization, university, counseling and outpatient
- Leadership roles in training facilities, treatment centers and business settings
- Workshop facilitator in topics such as eating disorders, leadership, professional growth and business management
- Retreat facilitator for highly sensitive people for personal and professional growth
Sara is not accepting new counseling clients at this time.Sara