We offer professional training workshops for counselors, health practitioners and a variety of other professionals.
We also host workshops for the general community on topics such as mindfulness, skills to cope with anxiety or mood, parenting and/or family topics.
Our workshops are interactive and informative.
Working with transgender and gender non-binary clients
March 10, 2018
9:30 aM-11:30 aM
Location: 2520 Longview St., Suite 307 Austin TX 78705
REGISTER HERE ($25)
*Coffee, hot tea and continental breakfast provided.
In this workshop clinicians will learn guidelines and skills for compassionately and competently working with transgender and gender non-binary clients in your practice. Topics will include:
- navigating initial communication with potential clients
- thinking through logistical and ideological considerations around supporting transition steps (i.e. writing letters of support)
- increasing knowledge of local resources for transgender community
- identifying stressors and challenges frequently faced by transgender and gender non-binary people
- identifying strengths and sources of resilience among transgender and gender non-binary people
- practicing core competencies for gender affirming counselors
This workshop will be presented by Renee Randazzo, LPC Intern, (Supervised by Sara Weber, LPCS) who gained experience in transgender health through Fenway Health in Boston, as well as through Austin-based organizations Out Youth and the Central Texas Transgender Health Coalition.
mindfulness for everyday life
This workshop teaches the science behind mindfulness and how simple daily practice can bring your awareness to the ways in which you may be "tripping yourself up" but you'll also learn practical ways to use mindfulness to improve your overall coping and attitude toward life and all it's challenges.
Parenting with your whole heart
Parenting is the hardest job we have as adults and in this workshop we teach the interpersonal neurobiology approach to parenting that helps you tap into your internal wisdom about your kids and yourself to help your family thrive- even in times of stress and pressure.