Come grow with us!
If you've found yourself here, we know you're passionate about clinical work - helping clients discover the best version of themselves! We love this work too and Discovery was created because there weren't enough opportunities for counselors and dietitians to feel supported and empowered in the workplace.
Are you searching for more consistency and ease with your work?
Have you wanted more collaboration and consultation?
Do you wish that you could focus on client care and not stress over administrative junk?
Maybe you’ve even thought about starting your own practice but you don’t want all the hassle of business ownership.
Deep down, you’ve likely been searching for a work environment to call “home”?
We have a wonderful opportunity for you.
Discovery Counseling Austin could be the perfect place to embark on your next professional adventure!
We 're searching for an awesome team member with these traits:
- Fully-licensed clinician with a Texas license (LPC, PhD, LCSW, LMFT, etc.)
We don’t have current openings for provisionally licensed providers (LPCAssociate, LMSW, LMFT Associate, etc.)
- Experience with eating issues, anxiety and depression
- Openness to virtual therapy for part of your clinical schedule
- Passionate about working with a team that values diversity and inclusion
- We’d love if you have interest in working with teens, young adults and/or families but we also need experts for adults and older adults.
- Someone who wants to work full-time (18-30 client hours/week)
- A team member who enjoys working in a collaborative environment while also self-directed and self-starting
- Openness or interest in the theories that are the foundation for our practice: mindfulness, brain-based interventions (ACT, MBCT, DBT, etc.) and client-centered approaches
How is Discovery Counseling Austin Unique?
At Discovery Counseling Austin, we see the work of counseling and psychotherapy as an expedition and an adventure.
For our clients, we build a therapeutic relationship through trust, empathy and humility so we can provide effective (evidence-based) treatment.
For clinicians, we support you to do your best work, gain confidence in your expertise and practice mindful living.
For the community, we reduce barriers to mental health services & support.
Discovery Counseling Austin is a diverse, inclusive, compassion-focused, non-judgmental and fiercely dedicated team of clinicians and support staff. We show up for the adventure every day.
Why join a group practice?
Joining a group practice like Discovery Counseling Austin provides moral support and connection with colleagues plus you have those impromptu clinical consultations. Your clients get a more mindful and grounded clinician when you feel supported by your work environment.
At Discovery Counseling Austin, you see clients as a private practitioner without the hassle of running your own business. Being in a group practice (compared to solo practice) reduces financial risk & workload which helps minimize stress and allows you to focus on your clients. You became a clinician to work with clients not to worry about all the office mumbo jumbo, right?
At Discovery Counseling Austin, we take pride in the comfortable and supportive work environment we provide.
The benefits of joining our team:
- Supportive and collaborative professional environment
- Competitive wages, paid as a W2
- Group health plan and stipend provided to reduce insurance premiums
- Simple IRA and company matching
- Paid Leave including bereavement
- Social gatherings, team building and training events for “culture” building and connection.
- Opportunities to create your own unique service offerings, e.g., groups, workshops, trainings, etc.
- Insurance credentialing
- Continuing Education stipends and unique learning opportunities
- Administrative support with all aspects of seeing clients (technology, billing, intake, etc.)
- Business and Liability insurance
- HIPAA secure health record software, email, phone and text as well as file management
- Website listing, web marketing with SEO and an established brand website
- Marketing done for you! Social media, in-person and event marketing is done for you. If you love to market yourself, we encourage that too!
- Fully furnished office with amenities like tea/water for clients, a kitchenette, soothing music, weighted blankets, fidgets/stress toys, full library of books, essential oil diffusers and sound machines. All office supplies and needs- paper, pens, printer, fax, etc.
We’d love to consider you for our growing “expedition” team. We want to support many more clients at Discovery Counseling Austin and we hope you will be the next skilled guide to join us!