I work great with...
- Clients struggling with PTSD, trauma, and life transitions.
- Clients who are new to therapy and want to learn about themselves with gentle guidance.
- Someone who wants to build skills to cope better with anxiety and life stressors.
- Clients who feel stuck in depressive cycles and want to find a better way to cope with mood struggles.
- People who want to stop using alcohol or drugs for good and are ready to really be free from the addictive cycle.
- Adults who are ready to let go of codependent relationship patterns and build healthy connections.
Style & Approach
Clients describe me as warm-hearted and Empathetic, but also willing to call them out on their thinking errors. I ask many exploratory questions so we can get to the bottom of the issues. We work as a team to find practical solutions by identifying and challenging negative thinking patterns in your life.
Some of the approaches I Use...
- Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Mindfulness And Relaxation Training
- Narrative Therapy Techniques
- Timeline Exploration of Life Events and Experiences
- Unconditional Positive Regard
- Client-Centered Care
- Trauma-Informed Care
My favorite outdoor activity is horseback riding.
Self-care for me is gardening, tending to my plants.
I love learning about ancient civilizations.
I feel calm and content when listening to the nature sounds.
My favorite quote is: ”Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profoundness. Kindness in giving creates love.”- Lao Tzu
Bachelor of Social Work, Texas A&M – 2014
Master of Social Work, Texas State University – 2015
- Practicing Clinician since 2015 (LCSW License No. 61589)
- Licensed Chemical Dependency Counselor since 2016 (LCDC No. 14021)
Sara is not accepting new counseling clients at this time.Joyee