I work great with...
- People who are ready to begin healing their relationship with food and their bodies.
- Someone who is ready to kick off their self-discovery journey.
- Those that are tired of being their own worst critic.
- Clients that want to learn effective coping skills to manage symptoms of depression and anxiety.
Style & Approach
Clients describe me as being warm and genuine, while also challenging them to break out of their comfort zones. In our work together, we will integrate the past and present to heal old wounds, address patterns of behavior and act as a guide for your future self.
Some of the approaches I Use...
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Compassion Focused
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Exposure Response Prevention
- Motivational Interviewing
- Emotion Focused Family Therapy
- Narrative Therapy Techniques
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Intuitive and Mindful Eating
My favorite outdoor activity is bringing my dog to the water in the hope that he’ll one day learn how to swim.
I get way too excited about my Audible credits each month.
Relaxing for me is being in sweats, cuddled up on the couch with my giant lap dog and watching a lighthearted movie/show.
I love learning about everything! As a previous teacher and daughter of an educator, learning is my passion.
Self-care for me is setting aside time each week to attend a boxing class.
Bachelors of Science in Human Services, Kennesaw State University, 2011
Masters of Science in Clinical Social Work, The University of Texas at Austin, 2020
- License Master Social Worker
- Clinical experience in various settings including: schools, hospitals, treatment centers and outpatient practices
- Clinical experience supporting clients as young as six-years-old through adulthood.
- Facilitated parent and caregiver skills groups to support their loved ones with their eating disorder.
- Developed and implemented a self-esteem class for young adolescents in the public school setting.
Sara is not accepting new counseling clients at this time.Julia