I work great with...
- Teens and young adults exploring who they are and who they are becoming.
- Those seeking to address the discomfort in their lives by examining the holistic interconnection of their unique biological, psychological, and socio-cultural factors.
- Clients needing support in navigating various life transitions and challenges.
- People who want to understand and heal their relational history, shift their narrative, get unstuck, and build healthy connections.
- Those who often find themselves asking: “What’s the point?” What’s the meaning?” “Why am I here?”
Style & Approach
In our collaborative work together, you will find a compassionate, open-minded, honest and intentional therapist. My clients would likely describe my therapeutic style as direct, warm, humorous, and non-judgemental. Together, we will process through the difficult emotions and develop the coping skills you need to live a life worth living.
Some of the approaches I Use...
- Holistic & Authentic
- Client-Centered Care
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT)
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Humanistic Approach
- Narrative Therapy Techniques
- Unconditional Positive Regard
- Thought exploration
My favorite animal is an elephant. I’ve always loved that these gentle giants have created the utopian matriarchal society of all our hopes and dreams.
My favorite outdoor activity is taking nature walks and curling up in a great lounge chair
The best Saturday afternoon includes spending time connecting with those I love, grilling out, being outdoors, and listening to music.
Bachelor of Science in Education, Texas Christian University, 2011
Master of Arts in Counseling, St. Edward’s University, 2015
- Practicing Licensed Professional Counselor
- Professional School Counselor in Middle Schools
- Middle School Teacher, Department & Team Lead, District Lead
- Clinical experience in women’s shelters and organizations, elementary, middle, and high school settings, private and group practice
- Workshop facilitator in topics such as parenting teens in a digital world, LGBTQ+ wellness, how to talk to teens, self-care for parents and caregivers, suicide and non-suicidal self-injury, Trust Based Relational Intervention (TBRI)
- American Counseling Association, Member
Sara is not accepting new counseling clients at this time.Kady